Gary has provided therapy and counseling to individuals, couples, and families for over 15 years. In addition to his psychotherapy practice, Gary teaches graduate counseling students and supervises psychotherapy interns. His approach is whole-hearted, direct, engaged, and down-to-earth. Gary operates from a sex-positive, inclusive, trauma-informed, non-judgemental, and transparent position while working with a wide range of client backgrounds and beliefs.
All are welcome!
Offices in SE Portland and Lake Oswego
Areas of specialization include:
- Relationships, Premarital Counseling, Marriage Counseling (recovering from infidelity, developing better communication, strengthening intimacy)
- Life Transitions (empty nest, midlife crisis, aging parents, family development)
- Codependency and Love/Relationship Addiction
- LGBTQ+ health and development; gender, sexuality, orientation development; relationship positive health and development (plural family, poly, tri, etc.)
- Grief and Loss
- Trauma/PTSD; Abuse Recovery; adult children of alcoholics (ACOA)
- Emotional Development: self-esteem, confidence, relational boundaries, anger management
- Sexual Addiction and Porn Addiction.
- First Responders (police, corrections, firefighters, paramedics, military, etc.)
- Depth Approaches to personal growth